Senior Web Security Engineer
New York, NY
Posted Jun 10, 2011 - Requisition No. 30348
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately- is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.
Bloomberg is seeking a Senior Web Security Engineer in a UNIX Environment with experience in security reviews, compilation, configuration and maintenance of various modern Web-related technologies. A successful candidate should also have solid experience in UNIX and network security.
- Apache HTTP server/Apache Tomcat/Phusion Passenger/Ruby/PHP, expert in
- Security reviews/audits of Web-related services and logs
- In-depth experience securing Internet services with SSL/TLS protocols
- Fluency in at least one scripting language (shell, perl, and/or python)
- Advanced troubleshooting DNS/SMTP/FTP skills. A big plus experience in managing large DNS/Email/FTP environments
- Experience working in a large scale environment and complementary skills to troubleshoot Web/Network related issues
- Great communication and team player skills
secure build and configuration of config files and related modules