Print News Intern
Posted Jan 3, 2012 - Requisition No. 32112
Bloomberg News summer interns will gain hands-on experience reporting and writing for the financial news service. Working with Bloomberg's 1,800 print journalists in 153 news bureaus around the world, interns will contribute to coverage of financial markets, companies, economies and government. Successful applicants will produce breaking news stories under real-time deadline pressure. This is a paid 10-week internship program, beginning on June 25, 2012. Along with a resume and cover letter, please submit three published samples of your work to support your application. Applications close Feb. 29, and interviews will take place in March.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Interest in financial markets, companies and economies.
- Prior reporting experience is essential.
- Prior experience working in a real-time news environment is desirable.
- Ability to work within a team under deadline pressure.
- Second language is desirable.
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential.
- Applicants must be available to work for 10 weeks beginning on June 25, 2012.
- Applicants will be required to work in London for the full 10 weeks of the
Bloomberg is the world's most trusted source of information for businesses and professionals. Bloomberg combines innovative technology with unmatched analytic, data, news, display and distribution capabilities, to deliver critical information via the BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL® service and multimedia platforms. Bloomberg's media services cover the world with more than 2,200 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. The BLOOMBERG TELEVISION® 24-hour network delivers smart television to more than 240 million homes. BLOOMBERG RADIO® services broadcast via SIRIUS XM Radio and worldspaceTM satellite radio globally and on WBBR 1130AM in New York. The award-winning monthly BLOOMBERG MARKETS® magazine, Bloomberg BusinessWeek magazine and the BLOOMBERG.COM® financial news and information Web site provide news and insight to businesses and investors.