The Bloomberg Economics Business team is looking for a qualified Business Manager.
This position carries a high level of visibility and responsibility, which includes:
- Working with the economics business team, global data, news and R&D to develop Bloomberg¿s compelling/winning business strategy by bringing visionary ideas and deep market insight to the table
- Clearly articulating that strategy in our business plan, in senior management presentations, and in formal and informal communications across the firm, as well as with appropriate customers, to ensure that all stakeholders are bought into the plan
- Working closely with customers, prospects, and Bloomberg¿s sales force, market specialists and news to understand customer needs and to identify and prioritize emerging marketplace trends
- Managing the flow of in-bound product development requests, using excellent judgment to set clear and effective priorities for work to be done, and aggressively managing expectations with clients and Sales on timelines
- Expressing Bloomberg¿s Economics product strategy, and its integration across multiple asset classes in well-thought-out, innovative, and intuitive product designs while working on a daily basis with Bloomberg¿s R&D department to drive and oversee the development of our FX product set
- Working closely with Marketing and Sales on rollout of new products and enhancements, and the implementation of our overall economics sales strategy
- Working with our award-winning news and media group to support news and research efforts
- Proven experience in overseeing product development from a business level and working effectively with programmers to build and deliver a world-class product to customers
- Deep understanding of the global macroeconomics, data, and how such information is consumed and analyzed by the financial community
- Ability to rapidly assimilate detailed knowledge of, and develop strategy around, how economic information can be applied and leveraged by all major asset classes (e.g. fixed income, equities, commodities, credit and FX), on a global scale
- 7+ years of experience -- on sell-side, buy-side, or at a vendor -- ideally as an economist, analyst, strategist, or portfolio manager. Must have product development experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid set of contacts in the economics community
- Ability to deliver a confident and compelling message in a sales or public speaking situation
- High level of passion for and commitment to our product
- Team player with high ethical standards
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 185 locations around the world.