Bloomberg is seeking a dynamic individual to join a fast-moving, entrepreneurial team working on a strategic new business initiative in the consumer wealth space. The Content Manager will be the primary owner of content acquisition, management and delivery for the new service. He or she will work closely with various groups including investment strategy, marketing, product development and media teams to drive an innovative content strategy for the business. The Content Manager will have ownership of everything related to building and evolving the content strategy for the service, including managing staff, identifying appropriate types of content, sourcing content from existing Bloomberg resources, creating new and innovative channels that support the service and developing partnerships.
The successful candidate will be expected to build collaborative working relationships to develop functionality and leverage the power of Bloomberg to source and develop content. Must be able to define the boundaries between investment advice, journalism and marketing, and oversee the ethical and compliant use of content across all channels.
- Develop and evolve the content strategy for the consumer wealth business and manage the roadmap and implementation of the content acquisition and delivery
- -Determine appropriate types of content for the target market of individual investors
- -Identify existing News and Media resources within Bloomberg which can be leveraged and develop a plan for leveraging those resources
- -Identify gaps in existing content resources and develop a plan for filling those gaps
- -Provide editorial direction for managing the curation, development, editing and production of all content across multiple channels (product website and product-related channels on Bloomberg.Com, TV, etc..
- Develop a process for working with other groups within Bloomberg to generate relevant content for the Consumer Wealth website
- On an ongoing basis, develop and manage the process of sourcing and delivering timely, relevant, accessible content for the website, such as:
- -Personalized client insights from investment analysts
- -Investment/asset class/ sector commentary
- -Educational pieces on risk, investing strategy, etc.
- -Video, conference calls, podcasts etc.
- -Third-party content on other relevant financial topics
- Liaise with Media and News divisions to source content for the website
- Coordinate with the Marketing team to develop and deliver marketing collateral
Experience and Capabilities
- Passion for finance and investing, ideally with a background in financial services, financial/ investment journalism or experience working in content management and delivery for a large wealth management firm
- Experience and interest in leveraging online and media platforms for delivering relevant insight to individual investors
- Strong project management skills and ability to collaborate effectively across large, multi-disciplinary teams
- The ideal candidate would have demonstrated experience in wealth management, strong creative skills and a desire to work in an ¿intrapreneur¿ environment
- High-energy, hands-on contributor who thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit, non-hierarchical and highly resourceful and self-reliant
- Exceptional attention to detail; ability to combine focus on key responsibilities with a strong sense of ownership over all relevant aspects of the business
- Strong personal presence and self-confidence, capable of working effectively with senior leadership as well as at multiple levels across business groups
- Ability to approach challenges with creativity and enthusiasm; courage to take positions advocating change, and then deliver
- Passion for the personal wealth management space and a strong desire to deliver value to clients
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.