UX/ UI Designer
Posted Sep 4, 2012 - Requisition No. 34372
Bloomberg has created a new web-based information product, Bloomberg Government, that reports on, analyzes, and quantifies the impact of government actions on business and industry. It brings the same unparalleled level of fact-based, objective reporting and analysis to policymaking as Bloomberg has provided to the financial community for the past 27 years.
Bloomberg Government is seeking a UX/UI Designer to add to its Washington, D.C. product team.. The UX/UI Designer will primarily be responsible for:
¿Conceptual design (sketches / wireframes)
¿Prototyping concepts for Usability testing
Duties will also include:
- Collaborating with the Product Management team to gather functional and user requirements to design product attributes based on customer feedback and existing competitive products.
- Partnering with R&D to determine feasibility and execute designs
- Assist in planning and execute user interviews and usability testing to obtain a complete understanding of client responsibilities, high value workflows, and unmet needs
The person in this role will be familiar with UX best practices, client-side web technologies, and brings a deep knowledge of the limitations and capabilities of modern web browsers and mobile devices to their design process. A passion for design and cutting-edge interaction should be balanced with a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- A degree in either a design-related field or computer science preferred or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3 years of professional work experience in the design and development of database-driven web products
- A passion for transforming complex concepts and data sets into simple, intuitive and aesthetically pleasing user interfaces and experiences
- Solid visual and information design skills, along with a proficiency in Adobe CS products
- The ability to build high-fidelity protoypes using XHTML/CSS/Jquery
- The ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- A proven history of solving problems with short cycle times
- Experience with iterative design and development methods
- Strong personal initiative, good judgment, and impeccable ethics; desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment
- Experience building Government data products is a plus
- Experience in Financial Services, Healthcare, Energy, Transportation, Defense, or Technology is a plus
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.