This position is responsible for managing Bloomberg global revenue and acting as a primary liaison between the accounting department and the business as well as the CFO community. Key responsibilities include managing the month close process, ensuring CFO teams and the business are provided with a high level of customer service, managing cross departmental and cross company relationships, assisting CFO teams with the development of budgets and outlooks as needed, managing the interim and annual financial audits, completing various special project and ad hoc requests as well as management reporting. This position is also responsible for providing balance sheet, P&L, and financial controls oversight.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
Accounting, Reporting & Internal Controls Expertise-
- Demonstrates appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and applies them (as required for the position held) to provide objective, timely, and accurate financial information to meet / exceed regulatory and legislative requirements and to help drive business results.
- Works to ensure compliance of all financial requirements and reporting are met for all products, countries and policies.
- Ability to document, control, review, and improve policy and procedures as well as departmental tasks to enhance for efficiency and effectiveness.
Financial Analytics Expertise-
- Demonstrates insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts, to provide practical counsel to internal customers and management in order to drive business results.
Process & Systems Expertise-
- Understands and facilitates the integration of business processes, people, and relevant technology, in order to identify, configure, and communicate useful information, and to provide practical business leadership to drive business decision making across the company.
- Identifies non-value added processes within the department and seeks solutions.
- Effectively makes decisions on more complex issues, giving consideration to relevant costs, benefits and risks.
- Demonstrates the initiative to drive change and influence others across the organization in support of the company's goals and objectives.
- Can effectively act as the liaison between Bloomberg and Geller and drive solutions with the overall business in mind.
- Ensures achievement of desired results by making appropriate recommendations and providing appropriate financial leadership through completion.
- Provides guidance and leadership to staff
- Encourages and supports professional development of staff
- Responsible for the proper alignment and assignment of tasks to ensure staff members remain challenged and continue to develop professionally
- Assists with identifying efficiencies and opportunities for automation to shorten the length of the close process
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of financial close through journal entry reviews, reasonableness tests, and analytical assessments.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required
- A minimum 6 years of experience with demonstrated performance within the month close process, management reporting, and financial analysis
- Supervisory experience of a minimum of three years preferred
- SAP/Business Warehouse knowledge a plus
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven leadership skills with demonstrated experience in leading up and across an organization
- Financial modeling expertise a plus
- Strong analytical ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems
- Strong executive presence with ability to interact with Senior Leadership.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and internal control.
- Demonstrated commercial experience within the financial services or CPG industry
- Demonstrated high performer
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength- delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately- is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data,news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.