Enterprise Technology Architect
New York, NY
Posted Nov 1, 2012 - Requisition No. 34926
Bloomberg's CTO Office is looking for a senior enterprise technology architect to provide leadership in the design of complex software infrastructure and business systems. The primary focus will be in supporting all technology functions related to Bloomberg's Enterprise Products & Solutions (EPS) Group. This is a position for the serious enterprise technology architect who will be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying a robust and scalable system/software solutions. These solutions will integrate a variety of enterprise products and systems comprising the vast offerings of data and analytics on the Bloomberg platform. This is a unique opportunity to influence one of the most ubiquitous and influential focused products in the financial marketplace.
This individual is expected to be a driver across technical teams, business units, and policy leaders to define and enforce enterprise products and solutions. Your responsibilities include:
- Provide technical expertise presenting to C-level executives, both internally and externally
- Leading the technology development of a comprehensive vision for Bloomberg's Enterprise Products & Solutions (EPS)
- Developing a strategic plan for integrating Bloomberg client needs with Bloomberg's data distribution and management services and world-class infrastructure
- Working with the best and brightest people in the financial technology space
- A distinguished and proven track record of successfully achieving high-profile business goals.
- Technology leader with extensive "hands-on" development and is a leader of technology teams.
- You must be a team player with proven success on achieving aggressive deadlines.
- Experience developing, architecting, deploying and operationalizing large enterprise systems focused on real-time market data, trading systems integration, etc.
- Expert in some of the following:
- Demonstration of excellent communication skills, creative problem solving, and strong passion is a must.
- Strong knowledge in evaluation of technologies and systems, e.g. open source and proprietary.
- Strong knowledge of computer technologies and effective software development methodologies.
- Strong effective communicator and able to gain consensus in situations with different needs and objectives.
Enterprise Data Management (EDM)
High volume, low latency real-time market data systems
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information,
people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.