UX Internship - CTO Office
New York, NY
Posted Dec 27, 2012 - Requisition No. 35432
Bloomberg is committed to creating exceptional human experiences with technology by transforming complex data, workflow processes, and end user requirements into functional and unique software products.
Bloomberg's User Experience Team is offering internships to qualified students who will work with our team of designers, researchers, and prototypers toward building new experiences for our core product. Our team is seeking candidates with demonstrated interaction design and design communication, user research, and usability evaluation skills to work for a 3 month period during the summer. Not only will interns get the opportunity to work in a talented and growing team with mentorship opportunities, but they will also get the chance to understand how UX is applied to a specialized domain - financial services - with unique user needs.
Applicants should have a background in applying common user-centered design practices to solve design challenges. The ideal candidate would be a fast learner, able to understand constraints quickly and be able to both produce and communicate creative design solutions.
- In order to be considered, please attach your resume AND your portfolio that reflects your UX experience (prior research projects, classes, or jobs)
- Pursuing a Masters or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Computer Science, or a related field
- Excellent design communication skills and a willingness to understand and incorporate design feedback
- Experience with transactional systems is preferred
- Experience with contextual inquiry, user studies, and creating design work products such as sketches and wireframes; some proficiency in design and rapid prototyping tools such as Omnigraffle, Visio, InDesign, etc.
- Experience with areas such as CSCW, social software, information visualization, sensemaking, or interruption/attention management is a plus.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.