Mobile UX Designer - Experienced
New York, NY
Posted Mar 16, 2015 - Requisition No. 45016
Bloomberg's UX, Product and Technology teams are committed to creating valuable and meaningful user experiences for our customers. We transform complex data and workflow processes into intuitive products that truly meet our customers where they are.
Bloomberg is looking for a Senior Mobile User Experience Designer to define the mobile context for our extensive professional offerings. This role will tackle all aspects of the design process from research to prototyping and presenting to internal clients. In addition, this indivudual will help lead small project teams and guide varied product areas across mobile platforms. This is a unique opportunity to extend the most ubiquitous and influential service in the financial space and change expectations for what is possible in the context of mobile and emerging platforms.
- Envision and craft innovative mobile experiences for the Bloomberg Professional ecosystem of offerings.
- Demonstrate mobile expertise and best practices to the broader design, technology and product teams.
- Develop concepts from idea to final design by leveraging a broad designer toolkit, from sketches, storyboards, user scenarios, personas, wireframes to design prototypes, and detailed wireframe specs for platforms such as iOS, Android Windows Phone and Mobile Web.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of state of the art in user research, user workflow and task modeling, mobile interaction design, information architecture design, conceptual design, best practices in mobile design, design guidelines and heuristics, and ability to evaluate design concepts.
- Quickly and effectively communicate your design ideas and rationale
- Present and build confidence around design artifacts such as user research findings, high-level conceptual design ideas, and detailed design specifications.
- Interested in exploring and implementing new approaches that can create value for a growing mobile design team.
- Mentor and inspire newer members of the team.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Visual Communication, or any design-related field.
- 5+ years of UX design experience.
- 3+ years' experience designing native apps for phones and tablets with expertise in platform standards for iOS and Android.
- Experience in designing for Blackberry, Windows or Mobile Web is a plus.
- Experience in leading design projects.
- Familiar with user experience design methodologies including Agile
- Highly proficient in design and rapid prototyping tools like Omnigraffle, Visio, InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills.
Our goal is to see if your problem-solving and interaction design skills are a good fit for Bloomberg. We would like to see artifacts such as: sketches, site maps, task flows, wireframes, storyboards etc. We are most interested in seeing in-depth mobile wireframes, (preferably a deck) illustrating a step-by-step user workflow for a native mobile application.
Please include a link or attachment with two (2) representative native mobile projects when you apply. If you need some other way of showing us your work (either by emailing it, bringing it in person, or through an online real-time screen share), please apply for the role and we'll contact you to make arrangements to view it.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.