User Experience Researcher
New York, NY
Posted Mar 16, 2015 - Requisition No. 45022
Bloomberg's UX, Product and Technology teams are committed to creating better user experiences with technology. We transform complex data and workflow processes into intuitive products.
Bloomberg is looking for a senior UX Researcher with expertise in complex software and business systems. This is a unique opportunity to influence one of the most ubiquitous and influential data, communication, and analytics ecosystems in the marketplace.
The UX Researcher is responsible for leading qualitative and quantitative user research initiatives that inform critical decisions for current and future Bloomberg products. The UX Researcher will work closely with cross-product teams to identify research topics that inform business decisions and use best practices in user research to support the entire product design cycle. They will design and execute exploratory field studies with users and subject-matter experts. Additionally, they will plan, recruit for, and conduct usability analyses in our state-of-the-art usability lab, in the field, or using remote tools. The UX Researcher will collaborate closely with designers, technologists, and product managers and deliver persuasive and compelling findings to executive stakeholders. The ideal candidate is driven by the desire to be a user advocate and is passionate about gathering insights based on direct observation to create products that are intuitive, satisfying, and easy to learn.
- 5+ years of experience in user research and usability analysis.
- Proven track record executing ethnographic and usability studies to evaluate complex workflows across rich software interfaces on desktop, mobile, and the web.
- Experience evaluating platform-level functionality (such as operating system features and user interface toolkits) is a plus.
- Superior verbal and written presentation skills to communicate clear, concise findings and actionable recommendations to designers, technologists, project managers, and executives.
- Proficiency in qualitative and quantitative data analysis, remote testing, eye tracking, testing mobile interfaces, card sorting, survey evaluation, A/B and multivariate testing, and heuristic evaluations.
- Working knowledge of data-logging tools such as Ovo Studios, Morae, Camtasia, etc.
- Experience with statistical analysis is a plus.
- Experience with financial domains is helpful but not required.
- B.S. in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science, or related field is preferred; M.S. or Ph.D. is highly desired.
We are interested in reviewing your portfolio for this position. Your portfolio may include, but should not be limited to:
- User Research/Ethnographic Interviews
- Usability Findings / Design Recommendations
- Usability Evaluation Plan w/ Metrics
- Identifying and Recruiting Participants
- High-level "Senior Executive" Summaries / Presentations
- Before/After Products with improved Usability & ROI
Please provide us with a link to your portfolio and include it in your application. If you need some other way of showing us your work (either by emailing it, bringing it in person, or through an online real-time screen-sharing session), please apply for the role and we'll contact you to make arrangements to view it.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.