Infrastructure Engineer - Bloomberg Law
New York, NY
Posted May 1, 2015 - Requisition No. 45686
The Bloomberg Law Integrated Solutions R&D team is seeking an infrastructure engineer to help us build and enhance product and content applications. In this role, you will build and support software infrastructure to help us implement product enhancements, build scalable architectures, and improve developer productivity. The candidate must exhibit a positive collaborative attitude and strong communication skills with the ability to convey complex ideas to all levels. Through BloombergLaw.com and the Bloomberg Professional Service, we offer the integration of legal research, news, collaboration tools and market information that is unmatched in the industry.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or related discipline.
* 3+ years of system administrative or DevOps experience.
* Expert proficiency in Linux (RHEL) system environment (system metrics and performance tools).
* Proficiency of configuration management tools (Chef/Puppet/Salt) and SDLC tools (Git/Jenkins/JIRA).
* Experience designing and architecting scalable infrastructure for large scale enterprise distributed applications.
* End-to-end troubleshooting skills of systems, networks, and applications.
* Proven experience with Hadoop, Cassandra, SolrCloud or other big-data technologies is a plus.
* Programming experience in Ruby, Java or Python will be beneficial.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.