Video Syndication Editor - Contract
New York, NY
Posted Jun 2, 2015 - Requisition No. 46072
The Video Syndication Editor is responsible for the selection, publication and distribution of video footage, interviews, packages and long-form programming on Bloomberg's client-facing Photo and Video web portal, Media Source. The role reports into the Managing Editor for Visual Media and is responsible for management of a team of global video editors.
The Video Syndication Editor's main task is to identify content that is being created for Bloomberg's consumer media outlets and adapt it for professional media client distribution - leveraging existing content creation for further commercial use. This includes preparation and delivery of newsroom ready content such as full length interviews and raw b-roll as well as packaged stories which may include multiple video sources, sound-bites and graphical elements. In time, platform curation will be added to the responsibilities, to handle multiple distribution outlets, and to feature relevant content prominently.
- Review daily ingest files from BTV and digital video production to identify footage, significant interviews and news stories relevant for syndication.
- Work closely with BTV archive desk and field producers to gain access to raw video footage.
- Help plan out shooting opportunities and facilitate assignments.
- Place timely and relevant video on our publishing platform and send content to clients. Plan content packages in advance of news cycled to ensure clients are offered content in a timely manner which benefits their own production schedules.
- Work with video product team on UI and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with sales teams to create editorial collections for client sales visits and other marketing
- Responsible for choosing and editing best video collection, montages and sizzle reels.
Overseeing intern editors for video archival projects.
- 5+ years of experience within the editorial news footage industry with news desk and digital experience.
- Experience in working with video content; knowledge of video workflows : shooting, post-production, delivery and encoding.
- Knowledge of the digital video workspace .
- Experience working with clients; working with client deadlines, workflows.
- Experience with writing headlines, creating metadata and SEO best practices.
- Must have experience delivering HD video content for broadcast/cable and ingesting different formats and standards.
- High familiarity with Avid Media Composer, Edius, Premiere Pro, or Final Cut Pro platforms.
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems and Video distribution .
- Strong written skills, editorial accuracy and grammatical syntax.
- Specific knowledge of current affairs in relation to the economy and business.
- Implementation and policing of metadata standards. Reviewing and correcting metadata of content to comply with Bloomberg guidelines.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.