Automotive Reporter, Korea
Posted Mar 2, 2016 - Requisition No. 48986
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
You're the type of person who is highly motivated, organized and a self-starter. You want to be involved in a high profile and challenging role of expanding community data coverage for automotive. You like nothing more than to extract data from press releases and databases and enjoy establishing relationships with specialists in the industry to survey them for their forecasts and see how we can build and improve upon our comprehensive surveys.
We'll trust you to:
- Track record of breaking news on corporate and policy developments in the auto industry
- be fast and accurate in taking data and quickly distilling the relevant data
- When warranted, work with colleagues to expand relevant data bullet points into larger stories
- Create table-based stories, write templates to generate computer assisted reporting
- Work closely with other reporters and editors to help our news coverage
You'll need to have:
- a passion for data and real-time news environment
- a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- strong understanding of Microsoft Excel
- the ability to structure, analyze and make interpretations about data to reach conclusions
We'd love you to:
- be fluent in English and Korean
- have experience working with real-time news
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.