Economy Reporter - Johannesburg
Posted Mar 7, 2016 - Requisition No. 49004
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news about mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and other events, enabling readers, viewers and listeners to stay a step ahead of the markets.
You will join our team in Johannesburg to report on South African economy and government. You will also work alongside the region to contribute to our wider Africa coverage. Your stories will be clearly written and comprehensive, owning the news across these topics.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news and write enterprise stories
- Report with uncanny speed and accuracy
- Build contacts at the South African Reserve Bank and National Treasury
- Write for a range of platforms
- Be a team player
You need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience covering economics and/or politics at a major newspaper or news service
- An ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under deadline pressure
- Experience of working in a real-time news environment
We'd love to see:
- Journalism experience in Africa
If this sounds like you:
- Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/europe.