Global Data - Junior Data Engineer
Posted Apr 7, 2016 - Requisition No. 49364
The world is drowning in data. Do you have the ability to navigate through? We are looking for people to discover opportunities out of large amounts of data, gaining unique insights for us and our clients.
Do you know which companies that drill for natural gas in the United States are most affected by water shortages? Or how terrorism is impacting the supply chain of major corporations around the world?
These are the type of questions we want to ask and answer.
What's in it for you:
You will be managing data workflow including data acquisition, processing, quality control and publishing with the aim to optimize the workflow efficiency and working with a team of experts to extract information and identify significant patterns in data from around the world. You will develop predictive models to help our clients understand the impact of and correlation among data-sets. Most of all you will make a difference for our clients and have a direct impact on our business goals and strategic direction.
We will trust you to:
- Work in one of the following market sectors: Equities, Fixed Income, or Derivatives. The market sector you will work in will depend on your skillset and interests as well as Bloomberg's business needs.
- Develop expertise in fast-moving market sector information.
- Help develop and implement methods of measuring and analyzing data sets and processes.
- Work with a range of proprietary, industry standard, and open source data stores to assemble, organize and analyze data.
- Develop research ideas, prototypes and proofs of concepts both in collaboration with other data analysts/engineers and as individually lead projects.
You need to have:
- Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Physical Sciences, Computer Science, Business Intelligence, Information Technology or another quantitative discipline with up to 2 years of experience.
- Portfolio of completed projects either educational or professional.
- Ability to demonstrate your skills and proficiency with technical languages such as Python, R, SQL or equivalent.
- Great interest in finance and financial data management.
- At least one of the following skills:
- Fluency in English and Cantonese/Mandarin.
* machine learning methods in data analysis
* natural language processing
* advanced statistical analysis
Does this sound like you:
Apply today! If we think you're a match, we'll get in touch with you soon about next steps.