Global Data - Graduate Analyst- London - 2016
Posted May 27, 2016 - Requisition No. 49916
You're the type of person who has a passion for taking raw numbers and turning them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. Your friends all know you as the one who has a true interest in technology, and who likes nothing more than spotting a creative way to improve a process. You have a natural eye for detail, and an interest in the financial markets. You are independent and determined, but thrive as part of a team. You enjoy dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means.
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our Market Data Analysts collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the data which ultimately moves the financial markets. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
What you can expect from this opportunity?
You will start in the Global Data Training Programme for two-weeks which will help you build the foundation for your entire career at Bloomberg. Joining the Global Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data; providing accurate, up-to-the-second insights for financial market professionals. You will enhance your product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs and build relationships throughout the company. The training will teach you financial concepts, data and the functions of our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal.
As your experience grows, you will be expected to have greater influence on Bloomberg's coverage of the market. Whether that is through technical or market expertise, project management or leadership!
We'll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, maintain and process financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Come up with innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient, accurate and timely
- Participate in time-sensitive projects, and collaborate with your global colleagues to deliver new initiatives
- Develop expertise in fast-moving market sector information
- Liaise with technology teams to enhance relevant product databases
- Provide a platinum level of service to Bloomberg customers
We need you to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Prior experience or strong knowledge and understanding of finance
- A keen interest in information management and technology and product development
- An ability to adapt in a fast paced changing environment
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritise tasks accordingly
It would be great if you had:
- Knowledge in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming (for example VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python, Regex)
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management
- A second language strongly preferred
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We provide competitive salary and benefits - applications close 12 July 2016.