Posted May 31, 2016 - Requisition No. 49930
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the bestin the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
You will join Bloomberg as a reporter in our Brasilia bureau, right at the epicenter of the biggest story in Latin America, where tales of Brazil's government woes, a deepening recession and a sweeping corruption probe, all colide to provide some of the world's best political and economic journalism. You will be witnessing history and helping shape the debate as the region's largest economy faces the deepest crisis since its return to democracy 30 years.
Your focus will be on breaking news and covering press conferences for the economy and government team, working in close coordination with a group of talented and knowledgeable journalists whose stories reach our TOP pages almost daily.The story you will report is essentially if and when Latin America's largest economy will be put back on track. Add to that a brand new office (to be inaugurated in the third quarter of 2016, a "mostly-sunny-and-bright" climate year round and serious outdoor fun - for the hikers, rock climbers and river rafters - among you.
We'll trust you to:
- Help pitch breaking news and enterprise stories under
- Cover breaking news and economic releases with uncanny speed and accuracy
- Write for a range of platforms
- Be a team player
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Some financial market or business journalism experience
- The ability to write headlines and short fills under deadline pressure
- Experience of working in a real-time news environment is desirable
- Professional level Portuguese and fluency in English.
If this sounds like you:
- Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you
know next steps. Please submit all resumes in Portuguese or English.