News Classification Specialist
Posted Jun 1, 2016 - Requisition No. 49950
Deliver the news that matters the most to our clients.
Build the product which, in an instant, can change the direction of our biggest client's business decisions.
Do you have the creativity, and the technical skills, to help us build upon our extensive news classification tool? If so, we are looking for you!
Our News Classification team is looking for an analyst to perform classification and curation of the world's most important financial and economic news with the aim of expanding Bloomberg's brand as the leader in the financial news market.
The successful candidate will use internal and open-source software to automatically retrieve, parse, organize and tag news from social media sites, news feeds, web sites and other sources that run on the Bloomberg Professional Service.
The position also offers opportunities to learn new technologies and will allow you to work with product managers, sales and end users.
Our taxonomy work opportunities are not theoretical or hyper-specific -- they are practical and they are impactful.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Library Science, Mathematics or other computer related specialization
- 1 - 3 years of professional project management experience in information management with the ability to deliver on tight deadlines
- Experience in editing, writing, curating or assigning news stories
- Proven understanding of customer service and experience in building strong relationships with stakeholders
- Competency in relating complex technical requirements to everyday tasks and procedures
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
We'd love to find someone who has:
- Expert-level fluency in Chinese or another major Asian language
- Familiarity with fixed-income data and news