Posted Jul 15, 2016 - Requisition No. 50364
You may have heard about it in the news earlier this year, it made headlines. We made a pretty substantial acquisition in the index strategies space. This means we have some new offerings in the global fixed income indices, portfolio analytics and strategy indices. We will now offer these services to a diverse group of high profile customers.
We're looking to build out our new and growing tradable indices business. Our indices pull together instruments from across the liquid asset classes. We have a diverse range of objectives, from M&A tracking to Commodities Backwardation. Our teams are also looking for new ideas from you to contribute to help build out this offering.
We collaborate very closely with our product and business teams. We find that it gives us the results everyone is looking for using agile best practices. We also interact closely with our users and need to provide solutions to challenging problems quickly. This means your work will be highly visible, giving you the opportunity to really shine.
We'll trust you to:
- Help us with the on-going development of features enabling new indices and asset classes. You will be able to help us develop our approach and build it out
- Migrate the C# codebase to our ecosystem. You will need to delve deeply into the code to bring the two together
- Make changes across multiple asset classes (both time-series and reference data) and distribution subsystems
- Perform an incremental full integration of the new products with our other systems. Working in an agile manner, you will help us make the change while striving to ensure our customers don't have any problems
You'll need to have:
- Strong C# skills or other equivalent OO language
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- An aptitude for analytical and creative problem solving
- Exposure to all phases of the software development lifecycle
We'd love to see:
- You have some knowledge of SQL
- You have knowledge or strong interest in financial markets
- You know your garbage collection generations from your lambda expressions
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.