Content Creator/Editor - Bloomberg Government
Posted Aug 8, 2016 - Requisition No. 53221
When government is at its best, diverse ideas are at work. The same is true of Bloomberg Government. Our ability to innovate and serve our clients means diversity and inclusion are essential. If you're eager to join a multi-dimensional team that celebrates and leverages difference, if you have the vision to see how information can transform "business as usual" and if you are hungry to create-to build a service transforming how things get done-then stop reading this and join our team.
Our team provides data, news and analysis for government affairs clients (including corporations, lobbying firms, federal agencies and Capitol Hill) as well as for the government contracting community.
Our content is also available to clients of the Bloomberg Terminal, the most powerful and flexible platform for financial professionals who need real-time data, news and analytics to make smarter, faster, more informed decisions.
Our mission is to help clients discover and understand the opportunities and risks posed by government actions. We’re looking for someone to join our team as a a writer/editor to split time approximately evenly between two main missions: 1) editing copy aimed at Washington professionals and produced by a staff of contracting, legislative and data analysts, and 2) repurposing that content and generating new content aimed at Bloomberg Terminal financial clients, using Bloomberg Government's data and tools.
We’ll trust you to:
- Have a deep understanding of Washington and financial professionals' workflow in order to repurpose/generate content that offers value to each customer base;
- Write short pieces for the Bloomberg Terminal and Bloomberg Government audiences;
- Coordinate and collaborate with other Bloomberg teams to expand the reach of Bloomberg Government content, data and analysis for Terminal clients
- Edit for substance, organization and clarity;
- Copy edit for style, grammar and consistency;
- Format documents to conform with company styles;
- Proofread for accuracy; and
- Implement BN writing standards, specifically for Terminal-targeted content
You’ll need to have:
- At least five years of experience writing or editing government-related content;
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit content for multiple audiences;
- Strong editorial skills and judgment;
- At least three years of editing experience;
- Excellent proofreading and grammar skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced, team-focused environment;
- Comfortable working with numbers, technical language and research methodology;
- Knowledge of the legislative, policymaking and/or government contracting process preferred;
- Proficiency with the Bloomberg Terminal a plus; and
- Experience with HTML and content management systems a plus
- Flexibility to work occasional evening and weekend hours