San Francisco, CA
Posted Sep 7, 2016 - Requisition No. 53953
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news about mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and other events, enabling readers, viewers and listeners to stay a ahead of the markets.
You love telling stories in novel formats using the power of video and audio. You have a proven track record working with a diverse group of journalists and across different departments. You are the perfect person to join the Global Technology Group as a producer leading two new exciting multimedia projects: live video and podcasts. In this role, you will be at the frontier of our organization as we experiment with a variety of tools to expand the reach of our technology reporters and editors around the world.
We'll trust you to:
- Run the day-to-day operations of 3+ weekly live video series, including assembling the hosts and support staff for each day, and deciding on the content with the hosts
- Keep a running schedule of stories to feature in a soon-to-launch podcast, craft an outline and script for each episode, and coordinate the recording of each episode
- Find ways to repurpose the stories we highlight in the live video shows and the podcast on other platforms, including TV
- Be an advocate for constant innovation in our global newsroom
You will need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- A proven track record reaching a digital audience
- Experience producing narrative-driven video and/or audio segments
- Experience producing a broadcast that airs live
- A passion for podcasts
- Knowledge of the global technology industry is a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.