Speed Desk Reporter - Madrid
Posted Sep 15, 2016 - Requisition No. 54067
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news about mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and other events, enabling readers, viewers and listeners to stay a step ahead of the markets.
You're a news junkie, fully aligned with what real-time news traders and finance professionals need to know. You will join our Speed Desk team and focus on breaking news from social media to speeches, regulatory filings to press statements. You'll need to be able to quickly and accurately write in English for our global audience. This is an essential news service on which our global clients constantly rely, and we need you to help make it possible.
We'll trust you to:
- Exercise excellent news judgment
- Write quickly and accurately under deadline pressure
- Know the markets and what our clients care about
- Be collaborative and work well in a team environment
- Contribute to wider bureau news coverage through original reporting
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree
- Previous journalism experience
- Proven experience in real-time news environment
- An understanding and knowledge of European news, as well as global markets and finance
- An ability to write quickly and accurately under deadline pressure
- Fluency in English and Spanish (other language skills are a plus)
Apply if you think you're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let
you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/europe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.