White House Reporter - Washington DC
Posted Sep 27, 2016 - Requisition No. 54548
Bloomberg News seeks an experienced and enterprising reporter to join our team covering the White House. The ideal candidate has a record of breaking news and writing deeply reported enterprise stories under intense deadline pressure. You will join a team of reporters that follows the president across the globe, reporting on his words and deeds in real time. Speed is of the essence, as well as accuracy, flexibility and collegiality. The beat requires working some nights, early mornings and weekends, and occasional out-of-town and even out-of-the-country travel.
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest news organizations in the world, with journalists in 150 bureaus across the globe serving customers in finance, government and industry who expect exclusive stories delivered faster than the competition.
We'll expect you to:
- - Break news and write enterprise stories under deadline pressure
- - Cover breaking news with speed and accuracy
- - Write for a range of platforms (Bloomberg terminal, online, magazines) and appear on Bloomberg Radio and on BTV when requested
- - Be collaborative and work well with others
You'll need to have:
- - A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- - At least three years of experience as a reporter
- - The ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under tight deadline pressure
- - Experience working in a real-time news environment