Are you passionate about the financial markets? Are you hardworking, inquisitive, and innovative? If so, join us for a ten-week summer internship within Bloomberg's Global Data business!
Bloomberg runs on data. In the Global Data team we're responsible for supplying it - which also means we solve problems as we seek to enrich all that data so we can turn it into insights.
On any given day we collect, analyse, and present billions of data points that inform clients' decisions - and moves markets. As a summer intern you will immediately start contributing to this!
What else can you expect from your internship opportunity?
Your internship starts with an orientation that introduces you to our culture and the state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal. Then, over the summer, you'll work within a specific team, working on real impact projects and tasks whilst participating in intern events, community service projects and more! High performing interns will be considered for a full time role at Bloomberg (subject to interview and headcount availability.)
We'll trust you to:
- Maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high quality information for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative work-flow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our processes and software
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with client inquiries
- Develop expertise in fast-moving market sector information
- Intake and distill raw data to convey actionable information that enables our clients to make better-informed decisions
- Work with engineering and technology teams to enhance relevant product databases
You need to have:
- Fluency in English and one or more European languages
- An understanding of the financial markets
- Effective research and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, plus the drive to think creatively
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a time sensitive environment
- A demonstrable commitment to enhancing and developing products
- Strong technical skills including an advanced level of Excel
- Knowledge in information technology or statistical analysis or computer programming (for example VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python)
We'd love to see:
- Recent work experience or internship in Finance, Business, Statistics, Engineering, Data Modelling or related discipline
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management
- Effective project management skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment to extracurricular activities and interests
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.