Senior R Programmer - Financial Data Science Platform Team: SF
San Francisco, CA
Posted Jan 11, 2017 - Requisition No. 56435
From the biggest banks to the most elite hedge funds, financial institutions need timely, accurate data to capture opportunities and evaluate risk in fast-moving markets. For over 30 years, our clients have relied on our core product, the Bloomberg Terminal, to access the data and analytics they need to make informed investment decisions.
Here in our San Francisco office we’ve identified an opportunity to reach a new client base by building a brand new product that opens our data, core products and visualizations to data scientists and quantitative modelers.
Our target client base uses R programming to apply mathematical and statistical methods to financial and risk management problems. Our platform allows these users to bring their algorithms to our data, not the other way around. To develop their code in a unified environment that can be tested, shared, and deployed easily.
If you want to build a brand new product that empowers users to view and interact with our data in a totally customizable way and build their own intelligence and visualization around it, join our team!
We’ll trust you to:
- Learn and understand the variety of ways quantitative developers interact with our data; from back-testing trading strategies over years of price history information to modeling and evaluating portfolio risk
- Build new microservices (and extend features within existing Bloomberg services) to fit those needs
- Come up with ideas on how to improve the financial data science platform and help implement them
- Build the platform infrastructure all the way out to the iPython interface
You need to have:
- 2+ years building and deploying R Packages to production environments- Experience writing unit tests for R Package- Experience interfacing R with external APIs and other programming languages
- 2+ years experience building performant, scalable microservices and frameworks in C++ and/or Python
We’d love to see:
- An appreciate for how our data sets underpin the world's financial systems - if you don't know anything about finance, you'll pick it up by interacting with a world-class team of market experts.