2018 Sales & Analytics Rotation Program - London/Sydney
Posted Feb 9, 2017 - Requisition No. 56996
You are the first of your friends to know about a major economic event, and you love teaching your parents and peers how to operate their smartphone. You have an appetite not only to see the world but to learn what makes it tick. You build relationships quickly and effortlessly, and have a real desire to do business face-to-face. You're professional and personable, intelligent and analytical. You're a solution-provider, with a passion for providing platinum customer service.
Does this sound like you?
Our one-of-a-kind rotation program offers you the unique opportunity to:
- Spend 1 to 2 years working in the renowned Bloomberg Analytics department in our London office
- Return to Sydney to join our team of experienced relationship managers, helping to grow our business and to service our existing customer base in Australia and New Zealand
- Partner with top decision makers in the worlds of business, finance and government
- Continually learn and develop new skills, while ultimately positioning our iconic Bloomberg Terminal as the definitive business tool
What's in it for you?
London- Analytics (1-2 years)
We fly you to London to embark on your Bloomberg career, where our Analytics department strives to provide the best possible experience to our clients- the users of the Bloomberg Terminal. You will be interacting directly with these users every single day, via our 'Instant Bloomberg' chat system, on the phone and in person- answering their questions, conducting training and providing rapid solutions to meet their immediate business needs.
We will provide you with comprehensive training from the outset- covering all aspects of the financial markets- economic principles, market players and asset classes- while teaching you all there is to know about the functionality and analytical tools the Bloomberg Terminal has to offer, and the various other internal departments who support our clients
We will enhance your skills in relationship management and objection handling, and we will also give you the opportunity to specialise in one of the four main asset classes- Fixed Income, Equity, Foreign Exchange or Commodities.
Sydney- Sales and Relationship Management
We bring you back to Sydney after 1 to 2 years as a true Bloomberg specialist, where you join our team of highly-motivated, financially-astute relationship managers, whose role it is to lead and grow our business across Australia and New Zealand.
We give you real responsibility and autonomy to handle your existing clients, while also looking to you to identify new business opportunities throughout your region. You will take a truly consultative approach to the sales process, deeply understanding your clients' businesses as you visit, support, train and sell to market players from across the industry.
Furthermore, you will actively partner with other internal business areas in order to meet your clients' needs as accurately and as comprehensively as possible.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree (upcoming or recent graduates- up to 3 years work experience)
- Desire and readiness to relocate to London for 1 to 2 years at the beginning of your career with us
- Demonstrated passion or interest in the financial markets, and a strong desire to work in the financial services industry
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- Real aspiration to work in a client-facing role, with a strong interest in building relationships while selling a premium product
- Citizenship or permanent residency of Australia or New Zealand
We'd love to see:
- Degree in a Finance, Economics or Social Sciences discipline
- Prior knowledge or experience of the Bloomberg Terminal
- Work-experience in a client-facing role
- Interest in technology
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe that you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Our 2018 ongoing intakes are open now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.