Senior Infrastructure Engineer- Bloomberg PaaS - SF
San Francisco, CA
Posted Feb 24, 2017 - Requisition No. 57183
Bloomberg offers its clients thousands of applications and products, but behind the scenes we host a service-oriented infrastructure that is continuously being updated and distributed across multiple data-centers. Our group is building a Kubernetes based Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that provides a streamlined workflow for our developers to develop, build, deploy and run their services on Bloomberg's private cloud. Our aim is to provide an integrated platform with automated builds, tests and continuous delivery along with features such as monitoring, logging, and auto-scaling.
If you are passionate about developer productivity, cloud platforms and container orchestration, we'd like to talk to you about an opening in our team.
We'll trust you to:
- Design & implement new features for Bloomberg's continuous build and deployment platform
- Build well-tested high-quality tools to improve developer experience & productivity
- Implement tools to automate deployment, monitoring & operations of the platform
- Participate in daily scrums and work with cross-functional development teams
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years working with cloud platforms (OpenStack, Kubernetes, etc)
- 3+ years of experience with Docker
- 1+ years of experience using Jenkins or other Continuous Integration tools
- 5+ years of experience working in Linux / Unix environment & scripting
We'd love to see:
- At least 1 year of experience with client-side web frameworks such as AngularJS
- Experience with building solutions to improve developer productivity
- Experience working with Container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
- Experience building distributed systems
- Experience with infrastructure automation platforms such as Chef or Ansible.
- Understanding of RESTful API design