Bloomberg PolarLake delivers the world’s foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
Why Bloomberg PolarLake?
At Bloomberg Polarlake, You’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and want to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sound like you. We’d love to hear from you.
What is Bloomberg PolarLake? Click here and See for yourself!
What’s the role?
As a key member of our growing Client services team, you'll be responsible for creating solutions which implement our customers’ requirements. The work requires the ability to assimilate the technology and functionality in the Bloomberg PolarLake Enterprise Data Management. Using this knowledge of the product you will be responsible for delivering a product configuration which implements the required business processing. You’ll work together with the Business Analysis team and the R&D group to identify customisations required for customer implementations and deliver these customisations as part of the customer project. You will be involved in project estimation and planning and will be responsible for delivering documented and tested solutions.
We’ll trust you to;
- Determine the Client solution requirements
- Design and implement enterprise solutions to meet the Client requirements using BPL’s Enterprise Data Management platform
- Work in a hands-on capacity on the integration and configuration of Client implementations
- Partner with the Client business analysts and BPL’s R&D teams
- Participation in testing (functional and performance) of Client solutions
- Provide training and support for Client technical teams
- Troubleshoot system configuration issues,
- Perform root cause analysis for errors by understanding product architecture and client configuration.
What do I need to apply?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent
- You will ideally have experience as a Software Developer/IT Consultant, with demonstrable experience in designing and implementing financial services software solutions
- Experience writing and performance tuning DDL, SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience with using and configuring Java APIs (JMS, JDBC etc.)
- Experience of XML technologies (XML, XML Schema, XQuery, XSLT, XPath, SAX, DOM)
- User experience of UNIX
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Professional manner
- Strong customer service
Our benefits are not bad either!!
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Taking care of what matters, Health insurance for you and your dependents
- Life Assurance
- Disability Assurance
- Paid parental leave (4 weeks)
- Tax saver scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too!
- Discounts on Bloomberg sponsored events
- Fun events for employees, friends & family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.