Social Media Editor
New York, NY
Posted Mar 15, 2017 - Requisition No. 57557
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen!
Bloomberg Media is seeking an experienced Sr. Editor to manage content promotion and strategy across all social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Key responsibilities include identifying, analyzing and communicating audience trends and story recommendations to editors, real-time coverage of breaking news, and working directly with editors to package major stories (from story selection to headline writing to social promotion) to ensure persistent reach and engagement.
You will have the opportunity to be able to:
- Drive performance/reach of Bloomberg content through social media promotion
- Create the rubric and standard by which we use social media insights to drive action
- Work with management to set ongoing organizational social media structure and ways to create content to push out our stories and ideas
- Train Bloomberg journalists on social media, and the correct processes for handling social aspects of their day-to-day jobs
You will need to have these skills to make a positive impact on the business:
- 3+ years of experience as an editor or social media editor, preferably in a digital editorial environment
- Strong editorial judgment
- Highly proficient in analytics tools (SimpleReach, ChartBeat, Parse.ly, Crowdtangle. NewsWhip) in order to stay up to date on social content trends
- Demonstrated track record of driving social and audience development through social networks
- Multi-platform social production experience- Basic social video editing skills