Fixed Income Data Analyst - Mexico City
Posted Mar 28, 2017 - Requisition No. 57774
You love the pace of the financial markets. You're always on the pulse with the latest market movements.You're the type of person that looks beyond the headline. You enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems. You live for the detail and understand the importance of the underlying financial data that inspires breaking news, financial reporting and analysis.
Whether you are sourcing market data from new or existing providers, processing tricky financial data or implementing technology solutions to enhance our processes and software, your work will help to ensure the consistency, quality and product delivery of our Fixed Income platform. You're just the sort of person we are looking for to join our Fixed Income team in Global Data!
Global Data is the backbone of the Bloomberg Professional Service. As data analysts, we collect, analyze and present data that informs our clients' decisions. We provide the factual foundation that inspires news and analysis. The foundation runs every core Bloomberg function, piping scrubbed data into our solutions every second. We drive the content that makes Bloomberg the leading and most sought-after data source in the world.
We'll trust you to:
- Source, maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high quality information for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Monitor and maintain existing data content by gathering data from providers and hand-entering it on the terminal
- Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our processes and software
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with client inquiries
- Develop expertise in fast-moving market sector information
- Intake and distill raw data to convey actionable information that enables our clients to make better-informed decisions
- Liaise with Product, Sales, News and Research & Development to enhance relevant product databases
You need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Business, or Engineering preferred
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- 2+ years of experience with Fixed Income and a keen interest in financial markets
- High proficiency in MS Excel is required (VBA programming skills are plus)
- Effective research and data analysis skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, team environment and to multi-task
We would love to see:
- Fluency in Portuguese
- Knowledge in information technology or statistical analysis or computer programming (for example SQL, MATLAB, Python)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.