IT Desktop Support Technician - Tokyo
Posted Jun 30, 2017 - Requisition No. 59253
Our Global Information Systems Group (Infosys) is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s internal IT systems, including our global corporate network, and the hardware and software to support nearly 19,000 employees in more than 170 offices around the world. We are also responsible for the audio-visual technology in all of Bloomberg’s public spaces (including training and conference rooms), that host more than 500,000 visitors to Bloomberg offices each year. Our employees rely on the technology solutions and support Infosys provide to do their jobs in a fast-paced, highly demanding, technology focused environment. We are a close-knit, hardworking team organized into 7 groups: Service Desk, Desktop Technicians, System Administrators, Infrastructure, Audio-Visual, Corporate Security, and Mobile Technology. Each of these groups develop, deploy and rely upon a complex set of proprietary and third-party systems to deliver the services we provide, and those systems are the key to understanding where we are doing our jobs well, and where we need to improve. For example, our 19,000 employees generate more than 320,000 service requests each year through a ticketing system that drives both human and automated services -- from software download to a Desktop dispatch. We handle approximately 400+ software titles, as well as monitor and implement security for the entire corporate network that consists of 28,000 PCs, 50,000 screen displays and 120,000 network connections.
What we do:
The Tokyo Desktop Support / Technician Team is crucial to the smooth operation of our internal IT systems at Bloomberg LP. Bloomberg Information Systems provides technical support for all in house IT systems and a pivotal part of this group is the Desktop Support Technician team. This team forms Bloomberg's backbone, providing 1st and 2nd line IT support for all of our employees. You could be part of this team striving for excellent customer service whilst taking a detail oriented approach to addressing customer needs quickly and efficiently.
Support is coordinated via ticketing systems or Instant Message. The role will be mainly providing desk side support for PC's that are primarily running on Windows OS. In addition to PC support, you will be supporting other systems such as Macs, mobile technology and AV systems. Full training on the Bloomberg software and ticketing systems will be given to the successful candidate.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide desktop support to over 600 internal Tokyo office employees
- Provide excellent levels of customer service
- Manage and deliver small projects on time
- Have the ability to present ideas in user-friendly tone to non-technical employees
- Ensure you follow our policies, procedures, documentation and training programs
- Have excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, innovative environment demonstrating high energy, a sense of urgency and decisiveness
You’ll need to have:
- Ability to troubleshoot and think through IT related problems logically
- Understanding of the Windows operating system environment
- Effective time management skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize your own time
- Strong sense of good customer service and interpersonal skills
We’d love to see:
- Mac OS X Experience
- Knowledge of Cisco telephony
- Experience in mobile technology
- Audio Visual support experience
- Japanese language skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/careers/blog/what-is-bloomberg/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.