Spanish-Language Markets Reporter
Posted Jul 19, 2017 - Requisition No. 59563
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news about mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and other events, enabling readers, viewers and listeners to stay a step ahead of the markets.
We are looking for an experienced reporter to join our Spanish-language service in Buenos Aires. You will be part of a team that covers the Argentine capital market and will have contacts in Argentina, with proven experience covering markets and monetary and fiscal policy. We expect you to draw on a broad network of traders, investors, bankers, policymakers.
You get excited about breaking news and beating the competition on new deals, products, strategies and personalities. You love generating unique and compelling ideas for stories that will have serious impact. You are just as comfortable taking the lead as working with teammates. You will be responsible for sourcing exclusive stories as well as providing fast and concise stories on asset flows, market developments, monetary policy and fiscal policy. The aim is to provide perspective on ``what is happening'' and ``what it means,'' both against the backdrop of local developments and in the context of global macroeconomic and political trends.
You will be part of our self-starting team that meets real-time deadlines and responds swiftly to the volatile markets across all asset classes in Argentina and will be a great addition to our Buenos Aires office that serves as the Argentine newsroom to one of the smartest and boldest media organizations in the world.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news on capital markets and across asset classes
- Break news about monetary and fiscal policy
- Use excellent news judgment to discern and produce news with the biggest market impact
- Build on and develop sources in the local market
- Prepare content for a range of platforms- Report with speed and accuracy
- Write quickly and concisely under tight deadline pressure- Be a team player
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proven FX/Rates experience, experience covering policymakers
- Strong work ethic, team player, ability to work calmly under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Fluency in Spanish
- Knowledge of English
- Knowledge of Bloomberg's functions and databases is a plus
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.