Senior Software Engineer - Tel Aviv
Posted Aug 9, 2017 - Requisition No. 60001
Every day, trillions of dollars pass through the Bloomberg Terminal. As a result, hundreds of thousands of financial professionals rely on our 500 enterprise applications to manage their portfolios, execute their trades and analyse the markets.
We’re the engineers and architects behind the world’s number one source for real-time and historical financial market data and analytics. Communications platforms. Data analytics. Trading platforms. News and information. We deliver all of this and more through our software, digital platforms, mobile apps and hardware.
You'll have the opportunity to learn about the financial markets and take ownership of the growth of our industry-leading applications. You'll lead projects, partner with the business and meet clients to understand their workflows. Our opportunities cover all phases of the software development lifecycle, providing a chance to make an immediate impact and work on the financial world's toughest technical challenges. We're looking for passionate engineers who want to help us take our products to the next level.
In Tel Aviv we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us and expand on our Transaction Cost Analysis product. The goal of this product is to provide a quantitative analysis of the execution process of all trading platform and thus enable our clients to review and improve their trading operations, broker selections, algorithms used etc.
If you enjoy exploring new technologies, new products and features and collaborating across different teams, please apply now!
We trust you to:
- Take responsibility for the full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding to deployment and maintenance. Your work will be highly visible, making you highly accountable.
- Enjoy solving highly complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work.
- Be quick, resourceful, flexible, and an excellent collaborator. You will balance the best of technical and product knowledge to craft unsurpassed product solutions for our customers
- Engage with the wider community. You might love to work with open source software. We interact with the open source communities by contributing changes where we can. You will also be able to take part in related meet-ups and conferences
You'll need to have:
- Software development experience in key language (C/C++/JAVA/C#)
- Working knowledge of C++.
- Experience with working with large sets of data.
- Passion for design, problem solving and hands-on development
We'd love to see:
- Experience with C++ and Python
- Experience with multi-threading programming
- Experience with Oracle databases
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.