Social Velocity Reporter
Posted Aug 21, 2017 - Requisition No. 60725
The energy of a newsroom. The buzz of breaking a big story. We work hard and we work fast, setting the news agenda. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
You're a social media pro and love breaking news in a digital newsroom. You can make split-second decisions and understand the tools, trends, platforms and processes behind the most modern strategies for telling stories via social media. You'll join a global team in one of our hub bureaus to generate unique content for a new 24/7 breaking news network in partnership with Twitter.
We'll trust you to:
- Unearth breaking news from social media in a global, real-time team
- Provide on-the-spot, on-the-money decisions on breaking news including business, finance, technology, the business of entertainment and sports, cybersecurity, terrorism and other global events
- Be committed to the best journalistic practices, great taste, and a willingness to take risks
You'll need to have:
- Familiarity with social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.), specifically how various social media platforms inform the news flow
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- An interest in global politics, economy, financial markets, business, technology
- Exceptional news judgment
We'd love to see:
- Fluency in other languages including Mandarin, Japanese, Arabic or major European languages
- Experience working in a real-time digital news environment
- Experience in broadcast or producing or sourcing video
- Experience breaking news or producing exclusive content
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.