2018 Market Data Analyst
Posted Aug 23, 2017 - Requisition No. 60786
Bloomberg runs on data and technology. In Global Data, we’re responsible for onboarding, analyzing, applying and supplying it to help answer our clients’ questions. We manage data and workflow processes on the Bloomberg Terminal to help our clients solve problems such as how to measure the risk of monsoons in Vietnam, so clients looking to invest in agriculture there can make more informed decisions; or how to measure the real wealth of people in Venezuela, for clients who want to open stores in South America. We analyze data so our teams can turn it into insights for our users.
What’s the role?
As a Data Analyst, you'll play a key role in producing financial content, algorithms, research notes and analyses for our clients using the Bloomberg Terminal, while also inspiring news content that empowers our clients to make the right decisions. Data Analysts also provide unparalleled customer service and work to solve complex issues, while establishing relationships with key market players in the financial industry. Not only that, but you will use technology to improve our current processes and revolutionize Global Data at Bloomberg.
We’ll trust you to:
- Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow improvements
- Collaborate with colleagues to implement solutions and frameworks to enhance our processes, software, and data offerings
- Develop efficient systems and methods to optimally extract, transform, and load data from external sources to support Bloomberg’s businesses
- Recognize and resolve conflicts between data models, ensuring models are consistent
- Enhance relationships with Terminal users to provide subject matter expertise by quickly and accurately answering client inquiries
- Identify opportunities to provide data-driven support to inform and interact with other departments across the organization
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university prior to starting
- Can begin working full-time in 2018
- Are legally authorized to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
At a minimum, we require that you:
You also need to have:
- 0-2 years previous work/internship experience in information technology, engineering, business management, data analysis or research
- Prior coursework or involvement within a field like Informatics, Mathematics, Economics, Business or other applied sciences
- Prior coursework or interest in the financial markets
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you are a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.