Applied Machine Learning Scientist/Engineer - Unified Search Team
New York, NY
Posted Aug 31, 2017 - Requisition No. 61398
Information and data move the financial markets. Bloomberg ingests more than 70,000 different news feeds, tracks million of securities, analyzes proprietary data sources such as supply chain information for the entire world, and keeps track of many large sources of data to help our clients stay in the know. This data would be undiscoverable without our help.
Who are we? Bloomberg's Unified Search Team - a group of specialists, researchers and software engineers who have a passion for solving complex problems. We are building machine learning models to help customers find the information they need.
Join us to help solve unique challenges related to search and autocomplete. We are a small team making a big impact for Bloomberg customers.
We'll trust you to:
- Design and build machine learning systems that solve difficult problems involving big data/information retrieval/recommendation systems
- Write, test and maintain production-quality Java, C++, and/or Python code
- Study and analyze problems, propose solutions and design experiments
You'll need to have:
- A PhD or Master’s in Machine Learning or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience programming in C++ or Java
We'd love to see:
- A mathematical background (Probability and Statistics)
- A working knowledge of Spark/TensorFlow
- Experience with Python
- Publications in top-tier conferences or journals in ML (such as ICML, NIPS, CIKM, WWW, WSDM, SIGIR, or KDD)