Senior Python Engineer - Data Technologies
Posted Mar 8, 2018 - Requisition No. 61794
Bloomberg runs on data. We provide the most advanced real-time financial information, data and analytics to investment professionals. In the Data Technologies Indices group, we develop and support the platforms that serve as the primary interface between index content providers and Bloomberg Terminal clients. With our recent acquisition of the Barclays Risk Analytics and Index Solutions Ltd. Platform (i.e. "BRAIS"), and the ongoing revolutionary shift of hundreds of billions of dollars from actively managed funds to passively managed index funds, our team's work is more important than ever.
We are building platforms that source petabytes of data in real time across many different industries. As part of the team, you’ll have the opportunity to improve time to market accuracy improving the clients’ experience.
As an engineer in Data Technologies, you’ll be responsible for the systems that onboard all the referential data that drive Bloomberg's applications and enterprise systems. As our clients are shifting more and more to rely on machines to interpret data and drive insights, we are utilizing cutting edge technologies to deliver unparalleled data quality. By joining Data Technologies, you will help us improve the accuracy, coverage, timeliness, and accessibility of our data to service our clients across all of Bloomberg's products. Learn more about the Data Technologies teams at Princeton here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtUu9LCNmiU
We'll trust you to:
- Create the latest application development frameworks and enterprise software products in the field of financial indices
- Build scalable, high throughput systems and tools that serve as the primary platform for the distribution of index-related data to our system and the Bloomberg API
- Work on developing and supporting technology platforms using Python, Java, SQL, HBase and Oracle
- Interact with users to design, architect and document software requirements
- 3+ years of experience programming in Python
- 3+ years of object-oriented programming experience
- 2+ years of experience with relational database design
- Experience building web services and using SOA
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
You'll need to have:
If this sounds like you, we want to talk! Please apply below.