2018 Bloomberg Internship Program
New York, NY
Posted Oct 12, 2017 - Requisition No. 62663
You are a creative thinker who can simultaneously execute a variety of tasks. Everyone knows you as that highly organized person who always steps up to volunteer or take a leadership role. You understand that a well-executed project requires collaboration and teamwork. You are proactive and can work independently. You're professional and personable, intelligent and analytical. You have an appetite to not only to see the world, but to learn what makes it tick.
Does this sound like you? If so, you could be just the intern we’re looking for in our 2018 Bloomberg Internship Program.
What's the role?
As a Summer Intern, you’ll join a team based on your skills and interests, and gain experiences that will help launch your career. We recognize your individuality and will work with you to identify the department that can benefit from your experiences and help to develop your professional and leadership skills.
In addition to your hands-on project work, you’ll attend a speaker series, designed to teach you about our company, people, and culture. There will also be plenty of opportunity to meet Bloomberg leaders at a variety of networking events. Of course we also want to give you the chance to get to know your peers, so together you’ll give back to the community at the annual Bloomberg Intern Day of Service, take part in social events including visits to cultural institutions and participate in professional trainings with interns from other departments.
Throughout the internship, you’ll be supported by your manager, mentor and a recruiter to ensure you receive regular feedback on your work and help navigating the company.
What's in it for you:
As a Bloomberg summer intern, you will:
· Gain hands-on exposure to our people, culture, systems and processes
· Work collaboratively within a team
· Carry-out interesting, hands-on tasks and projects
· Receive training on the Bloomberg Terminal
· Participate in leadership development and networking opportunities to build professional skills
You'll need to have:
· Experience using Microsoft Suite
· Demonstrated interest in Bloomberg and our culture
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Creative problem solving skills
· Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
You will need to be:
- Currently enrolled in High School student or a recent High School graduate
- Legally authorized to work in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Available to work for the duration of 6 weeks from July 9th – August 17th, 2018
If this sounds like you:
Apply! Please submit a resume and cover letter that explains why you are interested in Bloomberg and what skills you would like to develop through an internship opportunity.
If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.