Counsel, Index Licensing
New York, NY
Posted Oct 23, 2017 - Requisition No. 62898
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made of up of talented and hardworking legal professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems.
As a member of our Department, you will be part of a team that recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program. This is an excellent opportunity to work in an exciting and dynamic environment.
What's The Role?
Lead the negotiation of customer and partner agreements for a wide range of licenses and services including negotiating complex and mission critical agreements.
You will also advise the business leaders on all legal matters drawing on expertise from within our legal department and external partners to provide advice on regulatory, intellectual property, and other legal matters to the business.
On any given day you could be asked to draft and negotiate agreements with key partners; analyze/advise on compliance; and advocate for changes in laws and regulations affecting Bloomberg's businesses.
You Should Have:
- Membership of the New York Bar or eligibility to practice in New York as In-house Counsel.
- At least 10 years of experience practicing law, including substantial in-house experience within the financial or technology sector.
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills with the ability to thrive in an open office environment
- Demonstrated ability to flourish in a diverse team environment
We'd Love To See:
- Prior experience practicing for a law firm
- Experience in the index business
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team
- Able to work well under pressure while also providing concise and commercially focused advice
- Ability to explain legal issues clearly to business and technology professionals
- Strong project management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
If That Sounds Like You:
Apply - if we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know next steps. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status