Posted Oct 31, 2017 - Requisition No. 63052
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
We are looking for an experienced journalist to join our Spanish-language service in Buenos Aires. You have a broad network in the financial community -- traders, investors, bankers, policymakers -- and will be flexible to occasionally do reporting seeking scoops and exclusive interviews.
You will be part of our self-starting team that meets real-time deadlines and responds swiftly to the volatile markets across all asset classes in Argentina and across Latin America. The team focus is to provide perspective on ``what is happening'' and ``what it means,'' both against the backdrop of local developments and in the context of global macroeconomic and political trends.
We'll trust you to:
- Exercise excellent news judgment
- Edit a diverse array of stories on breaking news from social media to speeches, regulatory filings to press statements, asset flows and market developments, as well as scoops from reporters
- Write quickly and accurately in Spanish, under deadline pressure and send fast, clear and concise headlines
- Know the markets and what our clients care about
- Communicate and collaborate with teams across the company
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proven experience covering markets and monetary and fiscal policy
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish is mandatory
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Knowledge of Bloomberg's functions and databases is a plus
- Fluency in English is a plus
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.