Compliance Officer - Compliance Monitoring Program
Posted Nov 15, 2017 - Requisition No. 63312
The global Bloomberg Compliance Department provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work closely with our Legal Department to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators.
The EMEA Compliance team operates on two levels of assurance (1st/Frontline and second line) and has a very broad coverage mandate which includes; maintaining relevant internal policies, reviewing product design and implementation, providing expert advice and guidance, delivering appropriate training, and conducting trade surveillance.
It has in place:
- A full Financial Crime and Anti-Money Laundering programme, providing Financial Crime support/coverage across all entities.
- A Compliance monitoring and reviews programme, providing added regulatory assurance across all activities – including the AML processes.
What’s the role?
Bloomberg’s EMEA Compliance team based in London is looking for an experienced Compliance Officer to join its Compliance Monitoring Programme (CMP) function. The CMP provides compliance monitoring and testing for a variety of regulated businesses within the EMEA region, including Bloomberg Tradebook Europe Ltd, Bloomberg Trading Facility Limited, the operator of the Bloomberg MTF, Bloomberg Indices, Bloomberg Data Reporting Services including ARM and APA.
The role will focus on conducting risk assessments, gap analysis, monitoring and testing as part of the overall Compliance Monitoring Plan (CMP), maintain and developing the CMP processes, tracking action items to resolution, and providing appropriate management information on progress. The ideal candidate will have relevant Compliance experience in financial services regulation, in particular good knowledge of FCA and European rules and an understanding of financial markets and products. Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential, together with the ability to work as part of a team with a real drive to add value to the firm.
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain the CMP to be an effective assurance programme
- Conduct risk assessments on a regular scheduled basis, including any associated controls and their effectiveness
- Undertake monitoring and testing in accordance with the CMP for each of the relevant businesses
- Ensure its timely delivery
- Work closely with stakeholder groups including business operations, risk and engineering teams
- Collaborate effectively with the 1st line/front line business facing compliance teams to drive a robust regulatory awareness and consistency
- Identify potential enhancements in processes and play a role to implement system changes
- Keep up-to-date with regulatory rules and changes i.e. regulatory landscaping and thematics
- Provide an oversight on compliance policies and procedures, as part of the ongoing monitoring requirements
- Plan, prepare and conduct continuing education as required
- Prepare reports for regulatory bodies and internal management
You need to be able to:
- Adapt to new systems and technology with ease
- Work well under pressure, and manage a number of different tasks at the same time, often meeting tight deadlines
- Be a team player, willing to support and assist other team members
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree (strongly preferred)
- A strong knowledge of the UK & EU regulatory regime
- Experience within Compliance at a regulated financial institution, or with a regulator
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Experience and knowledge of regulatory developments is preferred, for example BMR and MiFID2, SMCR extension
- Great attention to detail, high level of organisational skills and thorough
We’d love to see:
- Familiarity with financial markets and products is preferred, e.g. Fixed Income, FX, Commodities, and Equities
- A desire to be part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced organisation
If that sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.