Bloomberg NEF Analyst - Policy
Posted Nov 27, 2017 - Requisition No. 63562
You’re one of those people with a passion for energy policy and markets, particularly in emerging economies, and you want to be at the forefront of this exciting industry. You naturally form original opinions, and you have an exceptional ability to communicate these to your audience. You’re eager to learn, organized and happy to dive into the task at hand. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you love to analyze complex subjects. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a diverse range of backgrounds.
You will be based in our brand new London office and be part of the Europe, Middle East & Africa Policy team at Bloomberg NEF – the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools and data on the energy transition. You will divide your time equally between two assignments: the first is to undertake EMEA policy and market analysis in the form of regular and one-off reports and slide decks for BNEF clients (e.g. utilities, governments, renewable project developers). The second assignment will be to HELP coordinate the Climatescope project – a comprehensive tool that assesses clean energy market conditions in 71 emerging markets around the globe and has been underwritten by the U.K. Department for International Development through 2019.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build a deep understanding of the clean energy policies in your selected countries
- Contribute to regular client reports on policy and market developments in EMEA
- Identify topics of interest to clients, conduct research and write one-off reports on the findings
- Monitor policy developments in your chosen countries, and analyze their implications for renewable energy projects, costs and investment, and FOR fossil-fuel power generators
- Help plan and coordinate Climatescope 2018 analysis and logistics, and contribute to setting the project’s long term strategy
- Engage with Climatescope stakeholders
- Produce and curate content on emerging markets
- Maintain our database of clean energy policies, and country profiles
- Present our research at conferences
- Speak with clients and prospects to answer questions on, and share insights related to, areas of expertise.
- Contribute to one-off pieces of consultancy on specific topics
You’ll need to have:
- A demonstrated interest in, and enthusiasm for, the clean energy sector, policy-making and emerging markets
- Undergraduate degree
- Good analytical skills and ability to think critically about information and devise original opinions
- Excellent communication skills: writing (for research reports) and speaking (for presentations at conferences, to clients)
- Excellent written and spoken English, PLUS at least one other European or Middle Eastern language
- Have a high work rate, be highly organized, able to prioritize and work on parallel tasks, and have rigorous attention to detail
- Well-versed in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
We’d love to see:
- Experience in clean energy policy-making and/or emerging markets
- Experience in research project coordination across different countries or regions
- Professional-level Arabic, French or Spanish
- Knowledge of finance and economics
- Post-graduate level degree
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.