Summer Internship 2018 - Global Markets
Posted Dec 12, 2017 - Requisition No. 63809
Born in 1981, Bloomberg is the world's primary distributor of financial data and a top news provider of the 21st century. A global information and technology company, we use our dynamic network of data, ideas and analysis to solve difficult problems. Our customers around the world rely on us to deliver accurate, real-time business and market information that helps them make important financial decisions. At Bloomberg, we are guided by four core values that are the foundation of our continued success: innovation, collaboration, customer service and doing the right thing.
We harness the power of data and analytics to organize, understand and improve our world. It's our purpose. Come find yours.
In global markets, buy-side and sell-side professionals strive to achieve the best execution across multiple asset classes. The Bloomberg Professional service provides trading solutions and sophisticated analytics to meet these needs.
Our global markets electronic trading platforms connect to all Bloomberg and 3rd party Order Management Systems. This allows our clients to monitor, trade, allocate and perform TCA on their trades for each asset class and seamlessly interact with their chosen OMS.
We are looking for summer interns to support our buy-side and sell-side clients across all asset classes.
What’s the role?
Being part of the team means you'll be providing solutions to help service our existing clients as well as on-boarding new clients. We’ll introduce you to a variety of electronic trading solutions. You will have an adaptable approach, provide outstanding customer service and will be able to deal with all client types.
- Manage projects to support sales, client servicing and business in the Global Markets group
- Support lead generation and strategic / tactical analyses for sales across regions, product lines, key accounts
- Support product marketing, campaigns and new business opportunity prospection
- Provide analyses on trends across regions and product lines
- Administrative duties associated with sales, client services and business.
- Business fluency in English plus second European language is a distinct bonus
- Passion for the financial markets
- Enthusiasm for client service and sales
- Strong prioritisation, time management and organisational skills
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable with fast paced business environments
- Available to work between 2nd July and 7th September 2018
We recruit on a rolling basis so early application is strongly advised. Please note this is not a pipeline internship; if successful, you will be eligible to apply for a full time position on one of our other full time programmes e.g. Global Data or Analytics & Sales.
We recruit on a rolling basis so early application is strongly advised. The deadline for applications is 31 Jan 2018. ?
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
To learn more, visit our YouTube channel "Inside Bloomberg"
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org