New York, NY
Posted Jan 7, 2019 - Requisition No. 63941
The Cross-Asset Trading System (CATS) Blotter is a fast and intuitive blotter solution that provides a consistent front-end for Bloomberg trading applications. We are creating next-generation trading functionality using cutting-edge technology, techniques and best practices in all aspects.
CATS is an application with a framework for other Bloomberg teams to plug in and create new applications for their buy-side and sell-side products. Bloomberg trading applications are used by thousands of clients to manage and trade trillions of dollars each day, and our mission is to have all of them on the same CATS blotter. We are already live in production with Bloomberg's EMSX product -- the world's most popular Execution Management System. We're also working hard to bring several more Bloomberg products onto the CATS blotter.
Who we are:
We are a small team of engineers who collaborate with many engineering teams in New York and London, and we want you to join us. On our team you will have the unique opportunity to work with various teams across Bloomberg and contribute to the team in the early stages of our product as it grows.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design and build new features and release them to our users whilst keeping the system as stable as ever
- Be quick and creative to solve highly complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work
- Work with Product to flesh out requirements, collaborate with other engineering groups
- Drive the incorporation of new technologies and improve development practices
- Mentor others and encourage knowledge sharing in order to drive the growth of the team
You’ll need to have:
- Strong problem solving skills and a willingness to solve new problems in unique ways
- Good communication skills to work with other teams and explain technical problems to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience triaging and debugging production problems
- An open mindset to using new technologies
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field