Senior Hardware Quality Engineer
Middle Village, NY
Posted Dec 26, 2017 - Requisition No. 64132
Our Supply Chain Quality team builds and maintains an infrastructure that enables cross functional teams to measure, analyze and drive improvements to BLP hardware and workflow. We engage in active quality management for all our products and processes for both Supply Chain and other Bloomberg engineering & customer support teams. We are highly visible catalysts for change by finding opportunities and influencing functional leads to implement measurable improvements that benefit delivered quality to our clients and the business.
We are looking for a Senior Hardware Quality Engineer who has a rare combination of process acumen, program management, engineering skills, domain knowledge as well as strong entrepreneurial and social skills in order to execute Quality control.
We'll trust you to:
- Serve as a senior voice for our Hardware Quality Engineering department
- Drive product quality improvements with the global cross functional team, interacting with Logistics, Trade compliance, Engineering, Asset management, Inventory management, Production, vendors and contract manufacturers
- Partner closely with clients and partners, using your expertise to support, guide, strengthen relationships and find opportunities to educate and mentor other colleagues.
- Work closely with management to ensure the continuous refinement of departmental practice and procedures and influence colleagues to adopt.
- Be a resource center and point of escalation for team members
- Lead projects to analyze quality performance of BLP products utilizing using statistical and analytical tools and methods
- Establish, track, and implement adherence to data from customer service and client visits to findings at repair sites
- Implement methods to inspect, test and evaluate reliability, precision, reliability and accuracy of processes, products and production equipment
- Perform root cause and failure analysis
- Develop product acceptance criteria for new and returned products, develop ongoing quality control plans, conduct in-depth data analysis and develop action reports.
You'll need to have:
- 10+ years of experience in Engineering, QA, QC or Manufacturing in a major Global company
- Expertise in Hardware engineering
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing root cause and failure analysis
- Analytical skills, project management skills and the ability to function independently in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong customer-focus and dedication to quality
- Proficiency in LEAN Six Sigma or other Statistics based continuous improvement methods
- In depth working experience with Excel and Access; database development tools
We’d love to see:
- Experience with SAP QM and IM modules
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Systems, Statistics, Electrical Engineering
- Working knowledge of Engineering and Production documentation for agency regulatory compliance (UL, CE, FCC, CCC, BSMI, ROHS, REACH, etc.)
- Prior experience leading and developing quality engineering teams
If this sounds like you:
Apply - if we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.