Bloomberg Marketing: Event Manager - 1 year temporary contract
Posted Jan 26, 2018 - Requisition No. 64738
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. You're the type of person who has a passion for people and events planning. More so, should you love dealing with people and be someone who knows what customer service really means, we would like to have that initial conversation with you.
In this position, you will be responsible for the development, planning, management and execution of Business Unit events across Bloomberg.
We’ll trust you to:
- Plan and execute event programmes for the Bloomberg events portfolio
- Demonstrate expertise in event production, vendor negotiation, event contract procedures, logistics, and audience management
- Execute a wide range of small-scale and more complex proprietary, hosted and third party events including, but not limited to training, panels, receptions, tradeshows, conferences, etc
- Ensure successful format development and implementation of third party and proprietary programs that drive business results
- Manage Marketing and client relationship as it relates to specific event
- Provide event-level strategy guidance by using program strategy insights, best practices and tools
- Integrate event activity with other sales/marketing/ product team priorities to drive consistent brand messaging / integrity across campaign structure
- Work with Marketing and business units to build event opportunities that drive the business forward
- Infuse customized, creative, out-of-the-box ideas and solutions for events
- Develop functional relationships with Marketing and/or clients as it relates to specific events
- Collaborates directly with Bloomberg internal teams such as Creative Agency, Security, Facilities, Marketing, Catering, and A/V to oversee onsite events
- Ensure compliance to budget, expenses, and reconciliations on a per event basis
- Domestic and international travel may be required
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Min 5 years’ experience event/experiential planning within a Global company environment, agency or media/news organization
- Experience of utilising technology, digital and social media tactics into events
- Moderate skill-level with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Excellent knowledge and thorough comprehension of event logistics and management of events
- Ability to suggest & improve functionality on event management / tracking systems
- Strong understanding of social media networks
- Technology industry interest and understanding is a plus
- Ability to work independently & flexibly (travel and extended hours) under tight deadlines
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We’d love to see:
- Track record of success in working in and influencing a fast-paced, fast-growing global organization
- Demonstration of the ability to communicate ideas in a professional and articulate manner
- A high degree of poise, patience, and flexibility
- High energy, problem solving, self-starter, results oriented, enthusiastic individual with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to effectively lead and influence internal/external partners towards intended and successful results
- Ability to work successfully and expertly with minimal supervision, yet seeks and takes direction appropriately
- Ability to make sound decisions consistent with business needs
- Strong interpersonal skills and is extremely effective working in a team environment
- Demonstration of a commitment to further expanding knowledge base
- Knowledge of our different businesses and how their particular area or function fits into the "big picture"
- That you are able to needs of the client/customer first and puts our interests ahead of his or her self-interest
- Actively addresses issues/conflicts by offering solutions and escalating as needed
- A track record of consistently conducting himself/herself in an ethical and exemplary manner and with the highest degree of integrity
If that sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.