Senior Full Stack Web Engineer- Enterprise Solutions –Python / Flask
New York, NY
Posted Feb 2, 2018 - Requisition No. 64958
Our Team:The Enterprise Products and Services (EPS) team is a new and growing area of Bloomberg. We build state-of-the-art software to support product implementation and client-facing tools that allow clients to manage their data distribution, users, applications and respective permissions. Our product has the potential to have a tremendous impact on the market. Our solutions offer cost effective, customizable and innovative alternatives to clients. We've fast become the second biggest player in our space and are continuing to grow rapidly in a well-established market.
Currently we're undertaking an exciting project - porting our client administration function from the Bloomberg Professional to the web - and that's where you come in. Our other day-to-day includes a wide range of development opportunities, from front-end to back-end to data warehousing. As part of our team, you will be exposed to a variety of domains and technologies, learn continuously and contribute new ideas starting day one.
We're looking for a strong engineer with expertise in either back-end or front-end web development (or that unicorn developer who does both!) with an eye towards becoming a full stack engineer. This will help us eliminate any front-end / back-end silos and provide the most cohesive solutions to customer workflows.
We'll trust you to:
- Design and architect additions to our REST API to support customer workflows via our UI application and data access via customer applications
- Implement REST API endpoints in Flask (python)
- Create Python services on Linux
- Work with Oracle and SQL Server databases
- Communicate and interact with product managers and end users
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of programming experience with python
- 2+ years of experience developing REST APIs using Flask
We'd love to see:
- Experience with Agile methodology including Scrum
- Familiarity with C/C++, SQL / database design, Linux Shell scripting, data structures, algorithms and optimizations, Object-Oriented design
- An under- or post-graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field (or equivalent expertise)
- Ability to learn on the fly and the desire to share ideas and be a team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills