Earnings Estimates Data Analyst
Posted Feb 7, 2018 - Requisition No. 65067
You love the pace of the financial markets. You're always on the pulse with the latest market movements.
You're the type of person that looks beyond the headline. You live for the detail and understand the importance of the underlying financial data that inspires breaking news, financial reporting and analysis.
You enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems. You're just the sort of person we are looking for to join our Estimates team in Global Data.
Bloomberg runs on data. As a team we're responsible for creating a standardised aggregate mean consensus by analyzing and processing data points from broker reports, on listed EMEA companies ahead of their financial reporting.
We seek to report first and our work moves markets!
Whether you are sourcing market data from new or existing providers, processing complex financial data or implementing technology solutions to enhance our processes and software, your work will help to ensure the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of our Estimates Consensus platform.
What you can expect from this opportunity?
You will start in the Global Data Training Programme for two-weeks which will help you build the foundation for your entire career at Bloomberg. Joining the Global Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data; providing accurate, up-to-the-second insights for financial market professionals.
You will enhance your product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs and build relationships throughout the company. The training will teach you financial concepts, data and the functions of our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal.
We will trust you to:
Use your financial markets and accounting knowledge to analyse broker research reports and process data points to form a consensus on listed EMEA companies ahead of their financial reporting across various core ratios, income statement, balance sheet and cash flow measures.
You will be responsible for identifying the methodologies and accounting assumptions underlying forecasted company earnings estimate data contributed to Bloomberg by sell-side Analysts and your role will be to source, process, research, verify and standardise this data.
Additionally, you will:
- Deliver excellent customer service to Bloomberg customers and to internal stakeholders
- Liaise with global brokerage houses who contribute this data
- Work closely with Bloomberg Research, News, Sales, R&D and our Product development teams to contribute to the future development and strategic direction of the product
We need you to have:
- A degree in Accounting/Finance/Business preferred or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of financial statements and accounting principles
- Strong project management skills and ability handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Attention to detail and accuracy when working under pressure
- Commitment to enhancing and developing products and processes
- Driven to improve financial knowledge as well as a genuine interest in the equity markets
- Excellent communication, presentation and networking skills
- A professional level of written and spoken English
- Knowledge in or a genuine interest in Fin Tech
We would love to see:
- Fluency in a second European language
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
In the meantime, feel free to have a look at Global Data and the scope of our work:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.