2019 Financial Product Sales, Summer Internship
Posted Mar 1, 2018 - Requisition No. 65596
You are the first of your friends to know about major economic events, and the ever-changing landscape of the financial markets excites you. You love dealing with people, and you build relationships quickly and effortlessly. You're professional and personable, intelligent and analytical. You're a solution-provider, and have a passion for providing platinum customer service.
We are the Bloomberg Terminal Sales team based in Sydney. Taking a truly consultative approach to the sales process, we sell and support the iconic Bloomberg Terminal across Australia and New Zealand. We gain a deep understanding of our clients' businesses as we visit, support, train and sell to market players from across the industry.
Come and join us on an 8-week paid internship where you'll learn all about our business, products and clients from our team of financially-astute, experienced relationship managers, and through hands-on experiences with our customers. You will develop new skills, while ultimately helping to position our iconic Bloomberg Terminal as the definitive business tool.
We'll trust you to:
- Learn about specific features and functionality of the Bloomberg Terminal, and pitch these to clients and existing users
- Attend client visits alongside our team of relationship managers
- Search for potential Bloomberg prospects
- Prepare and deliver presentations on the financial industry and Bloomberg Terminal functionality
What's in it for you?
- Immersive learning- discover all about Bloomberg products and our clients through real hands-on experiences
- Participate in interesting, business-impacting projects
- Exposure to and contact with market players in the financial industry
- Tangible feedback on your performance during your 8 weeks with us
- The opportunity to join us full-time on our renowned London/Sydney Sales & Analytics Rotation Program once you graduate
You'll need to have:
- Availability to work for the entire 8-week period from 7th January to 1st March 2018
- Be in your penultimate year of Bachelors undergraduate study (available full-time in January or July 2020)
- A strong interest in finance and the financial markets
- Exceptional communications skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- An interest in working in a client-facing role
- Citizenship or permanent residency in Australia or New Zealand
We'd love you to:
- Be studying a Finance, Economics or Social Sciences degree discipline
- Have work experience in a client-facing role
- Have an interest in technology
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.