London Desk/Field Producer
Posted Mar 9, 2018 - Requisition No. 65830
Bloomberg Television/Radio is seeking a highly motivated, hard-working producer to join the London News Desk. The successful applicant will be passionate about business and financial news, demonstrate strong editorial judgment, organizational and communication skills and have keen attention to detail. The role requires a willingness to work early morning and evening shifts and a flexibility to travel.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide production support to our live TV and radio broadcasts, including managing the editing of sound from our key interviews for rebroadcast and arranging live hits with internal Bloomberg experts
- Produce and manage the edits of pre-recorded interviews and manage edits from live incoming feeds
- Research and arrange access to live feeds from external sources
- Communicate with global editorial, production staff, on-air talent and colleagues from across Bloomberg's media platforms as required to ensure we maximise the impact of our content around the world
- Manage the logistics of field productions including the booking of crew, site surveys, travel and accreditation
- Field produce at news events in Europe, Africa and Middle East as needed, including managing logistics, producing live reporter hits, interviewing newsmakers and communicating constantly with the relevant news desk and live show
- Provide editorial support to the news desk, including taking on planning responsibilities as needed
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills
- Strong writing and edit supervising skills and the ability to creatively use video and graphics
- Knowledge of business news and the financial markets
- An ability to work under deadline pressure
- Flexibility with hours
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.